Z-Wave Siren Won't Turn Off

I installed an Iris Z-Wave siren about a month ago and when I first tested it, all seemed well. Now on two occasions with accidental alarms, when we go to disarm the panel, the panel alarm itself stops but the upstairs Z-Wave siren continues to screech! We have to unscrew the siren from its mount and remove the batteries to make it stop.

Why does disarming not turn off the siren? What setting do I have incorrect on my GC3 panel?

Thanks,
Dino

Try this:

Create an association with the panel and siren during disarm.

System Settings – Installer Code – Smart Home Settings – Device Association – press Manage next to the GC3 Panel section – Scroll down to to the Disarm (off) group – Edit Group – Add Siren – tap off of box and back out

Does that fix the issue?

I’ll try that out, thanks.

Hello,

I have a similar issue as above with a Z-Wave siren, although I can turn the siren off by going to Smart Home Devices Siren configuration.

My configuration-
Smart Home Setting>Device Association>GC3 Panel>Manage>
Group 1:Lifeline - No devices in group
Group 2:Armed (On) - No devices in group
Group 3:Armed (Off) - No devices in group
Group 4:Disarmed (On) - No devices in group
Group 5:Disarmed (Off) - Siren (Node 2)
Group 6:Alarm - Siren (Node 2)

Any input would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

I have this siren on the GC2, no issues with it turning off when panel disarmed.

Is this just an issue with the GC3?

I have a similar issue as above with a Z-Wave siren, although I can turn the siren off by going to Smart Home Devices Siren configuration.

What model of siren are you currently using?

Hi Jason, I appreciate the response! The siren I have paired with the GC3 is a Everspring SE812-1 Z-Wave Indoor Siren. And I can’t figure out how to shut it off once the alarm has been triggered, after disarming the GC3.

That model should be fine, however what firmware version is your panel currently running?

I recently updated to firmware 3.1.2. Are there any other settings that you would suggest?

Have you tried using it without the associations? Get rid of it from the Alarm and Disarmed groups. This was a work-around for a prior firmware issue.

The issue has been resolved. I had not tested the disarm since updating the firmware to 3.1.2. It seems to have been firmware related all along and it now functions as one would expect. Thank you Jason for the firmware suggestion and for providing the files https://suretyhome.com/forums/topic/firmware-release-information-gc3. You truly are a blessing on here!

And a tip for those updating from a earlier firmware version. Unless you’re upgrading from 3.1.1, you will receive an error if you try to flash straight to 3.1.2 from any earlier version. You need to flash your way up consecutively in order for the update to work. I hope this helps others with similar issues.

Thank you for testing and following up!

Hi ajnanyc (or Jason if you know), could you follow up and let us know exactly which steps solved your problem, other than updating the firmware? What settings did you end up using in the device association settings?

Thanks,
Dino

My configuration-
Smart Home Setting>Device Association>GC3 Panel>Manage>
Group 1:Lifeline – No devices in group
Group 2:Armed (On) – No devices in group
Group 3:Armed (Off) – No devices in group
Group 4:Disarmed (On) – No devices in group
Group 5:Disarmed (Off) – Siren (Node 2)
Group 6:Alarm – Siren (Node 2)

Mind you I had the exact same settings on earlier firmware which caused the alarm to continue sounding even after disarming the panel. It seems the latest firmware resolved the issue.